Module 2, Positioning, Uncategorized

Perceptual Maps – Draw your first one!

mapPerceptual Maps (also know as Positioning Maps) are easy to draw. Everyone’s map will be different.

1/In your handout for module 2 (Positioning)  plot quality of burgers against price for the following:
McDonald’s – M
Burger King – B
Wendy’s – W
Harvey’s – H
The Works – T

2/If you were opening a fast food restaurant tomorrow, how would you position it on your map? Would it fill a gap or would you place your restaurant close to one the competitors?

About Ian W. McVitty

Teacher, Academic Advisor and Learner.

Discussion

15 thoughts on “Perceptual Maps – Draw your first one!

1. If I would open a fast food restaurant tomorrow, I’d try to find all the weaknesses of McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s, Harvey’s, The Works. I would discuss with those unhappy customers from these fast-food restaurants, and based on all the information obtained, I would open a restaurant for them, with new and innovative products and services, and I would not be afraid at all to choose a location at just two steps away from competition.

Posted by Clementina Ancu | September 29, 2014, 3:11 am
  2. I am genuinely pleased to read this webpage posts which carries tons
    of valuable facts, thanks for providing such statistics.

Posted by Eduardo | October 4, 2014, 2:43 am
  3. If I was to open up a restaurant here in Ottawa or Canada I would make it very different than my competitors. Now days I believe people are wanting more healthier and local beef so in my menu i would promote the best local beef in Canada . If my restaurant turns out beside or near one of those locations it would be a great challenge because I support local before chains.

Cheers

Posted by Jacob | October 6, 2015, 12:57 am
  4. I agree with Jacob. If i were to open a restaurant it would have to be something with healthier options but still very tasty with product bought from other local businesses. Supporting the local scene is very important to me. If i were to open a restaurant, location would be crucial. Situating myself where other people like myself like and appreciate locally owned businesses and invest in them.

Posted by Victoria | October 6, 2015, 4:02 pm
  5. I know that a restaurant called Absinthe in Westborrow has their own herb and lettuce garden in the back for use. A lot of restaurants more local but some chain support local craft/micro breweries. I’m almost certain that Stephen Beckta the owner of Beckta Dinning, Gazzelig and Play all in Ottawa buys locally.

Posted by Victoria | October 7, 2015, 4:45 pm
  6. If I were to open up a fast food restaurant I would probably position it close to another restaurant, or my competition. The reason for that is I would want my customers to be able to compare my restaurant to the other ones (hopefully not as good as mine). I would offer healthy, local, organic (whenever possible) food options. My restaurant will offer meat options, but would concentrate on vegetarian ones as well. I find a lot of fast food restaurants don’t offer a lot of variety when it comes to vegetarian meals.

Posted by Gergana | October 7, 2015, 7:15 pm